iFree Studio Community Forum

Community Discussion and Support
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:23 am

Post subject: Emross: PvP situation, Game in shambles, users are leaving..
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 11:37 am  

This rant/appeal has been long long over due by myself; I've stopped participating in the forums ever since I spent about 3 days making suggestions reguarding the current combat system and got not even an aknowledgement.

As emross stands now in reguards to pvp is officially dead. Gone. Not there.

Emross in my experience has turned from a dynamic player vs player game, with alliances.. drama.. and several different approaches to the same problem with alot of variation with different heroes, and unit combos. With changes and in some cases lack of changes I believe it has changed into a 100% maintence game now.

Grinding is usually a necessary evil, not the entire point of the game. As of this writing on may 15th 2011, this is what emross effectivley is. :(

The problem originally started with the mass undertaking of Lona 'walling' by users; where a player was able to wall themselves in with lona's (provided they were willing to cope with the large food consumption) to defend vs most anyone with no losses. Incremental losses in the combat system are extremely rare.

This situation was changed due to user complaints and band-aid'd with a cheap fix that was easy to code, not the combat system revamp I believe is needed. The quick fix allowing 1-5% (based on what I have no idea) of attack damage through to all defending troops reguardless of tech, defense, hero, castle wall level ect.
The personal experience I've had with this change is in combat with an ace full of khaks I can attack for upwards of 25million damage. (effective pass thru damage of my 25m is 250,000 to 1,250,000) Long of the short the end result is people dont defend, with only one exception if they're online and your sending hellfires/overlords or some carriers to loot them, occasionally those are defended, nothing else. Where as the ball used to be in the defensive court; I cannot even suggest to new users to defend under all but the circumstance I mentioned above.

On the Artemis server this has turned a multi alliance raging war into pretty much a chat room where everyone gets along and sends hugs and kisses to another in wc. It's pretty sad. No one is defending, you cant loot much, so no one is attacking.

The mass looting went on for awhile then just stopped all together. The looting I believe got pointless as no real win or loss is possible with people not defending anymore.
This is even before the PvP server started.
I've seen over 10 active players leave Emross Artemis this month. Its getting to the point of where even keeping major alliances functioning in the game is quickly falling apart.
My hopes for PvP (as I believe many others aswell) was the pvp battlegrounds.
This generally speaking turned into a money grab and epic fail on iFree's part.

Joining the pvp battleground I've seen how inconsistant it was, particularly for people not spending a minimum of 50$ usd in gems to even compete.
The troop travel times were set to 3x later modified to x2, this ruined the majority of the farming for users while in protection.
Money (gold) was mostly from de-enchancing gear from copied over aces and gems, if you didn't already have massivley enhanced gear, you needed more gems. Some character copies were not complete, and when the character was actually copied to the pvp server was very unclear. In some cases people came into the battlegrounds with no enhanced gear at all.

Making sub cities was not supposed to be allowed. But low and behold subcities were allowed to be created, and not only created, but for some unknown reason they had MASSIVE amounts of resources for a starting player. After the top couple of players monopolized on this it was removed. As was there subcities, but long after all the resources were long spent.

Sleep mode was a good idea, yet the timers were off. Players were getting attacked while still appearing to be in sleep mode.

I've personally seen coordinates that didnt line up, where a player would be at lets say 50, 50 on one idevice, meanwhile I'm looking at it on a second device to find it's at 51,50 for the second device.

Over all the pvp server was a trial by fire at user expence, some users spent a good deal of money on gems (as I'm sure was the point) only to have felt duped to some ingame technicalities.
I understand money can't be refunded for gems ect, but there needs to be some compensation in place, this wasn't user error. If this was a trial run; gems/money should not of been envolved.
User patience and understanding stops where the money starts.

That disaster aside, and back to the regular servers. People are publically denouncing iFree, (known as iFail on Artemis server), going emo; explaining where they've tried to like the game and play, but spent X number of dollars trying to make it workable only to end up no where, or with nothing to do but farm and dump more money into the game.

For what? I dunno...

Where users previously spending large amounts of money I believe are now bored; pissed off; and with the pvp going the way it has, people are now leaving the game.
Not one, or a couple of people, half of the accounts on Artemis top 40 no longer play emross.
Most have been stripped or given to others as alts.
I'm writing this trying to explain the situation of the game to anyone who will listen.
iFree, your losing your user base and still chasing the money dragon. There are major issues that are breaking the game, and aren't being tended to or fixed.

This game is looking less and less promising, as friends and enemies alike are moving off elsewhere being bored and frusterated with nothing to do but constantly farm and pay for gems getting them no where. The major game problems end up being overlooked or pushed off with quick fixes and tricks that dont work out long-term.

Meanwhile the coding resources are going into the next cash grab.

Personally I'm done spending money until I can see if the game and remaining user base can somehow be repaired.
I can spend my time farming by myself with no pvp on a 20$/month WoW account that ends up much cheaper.
Please do something before its too late.

Master Orr
Artemis

Post subject: Re: Emross: PvP situation, Game in shambles, users are leavi
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:52 pm  

Well said....

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 2:59 pm  

Wow I sort of have to agree with master there iFree better fix these issues or they are hurting the selves

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm  

Preaching to the choir really, as no one that can change anything reads these boards, or things would have been fixed long ago.

mobdropper of [banned]
Level 69 - Hera
Emross Free Farm Calc iPhone App - V1.5.0 - Updated 12/15/11 - Never lose troops again or tie again.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 4:59 pm  

1. Never ever chance system when PvP start.
2. Never doing 14 day PvP when gem spend unlimited.
3. This PvP will chance our playing in current server.
4. Forum is dead.

I'm agree with master there. Ifree can't make a quick fix to make a game better. Ifree need a beta test the new version before they sent all player.

It hard to playing over 7 day and need to feed lot food on current acc with out farming devil. When i go back server, I'm not sure i can play like before pvp start or not .

But i like to thanks Ifree. Let me know more friend from other server . Hope one day , Ifree allow to moving player around server find more player to attack and have fun. Every 2 weeks

Fight hard and have fun.

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 pm  

Its time to phrase out "Do not engage"

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 am  

Wow ur pretty much right master orr Ive actually been getting kinda bored myself and like 10 in my server are moving to a diff server and many more arenot playing at all....its kinda sad

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 9:20 am  
Board Master

Honestly can't be more clearly summarized than this

I'm Wx

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2011 12:22 pm  

evrything's going pretty smoothly over on Oceanus, but kinda think iFree (good nickname btw) isn't doing anything. I expected the mod system to be up weeks ago for other servers, and at first i assumed iFree was trying to do to much at a time with the PvP server and all. Now i see that I personally couldve coded a failure as bad as you say it is in just a few days, by myself. In the time they have taken so far, if i had a team of programmers with me, i probably could've ran a succesful beta test with one or two small glitches, such as "Everything has correct grammar and spelling now." oh wait, thats not a glitch. (seen 2 10 heroes with "incrediblely" in their descriptions) Maybe theyre just taking so much time because they suddenly discovered that they had forums... with active users...

~Drakonslair,
Devourer of Enemies, Defender of the Defenseless,
Leader of Shadow, Scourge of Oceanus,
Bane of Evil, Slayer of Drakons,
Freind to Foes, Son of the Sun,
Hunter of Souls, Power of the Bow.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 6:48 am  
Board Master

I have just returned from a break that was required and I am seeing major issues such as this. I would really like to see more staff communication with players etc...